If you are building a new home or renovating, review the following links:
Hiring a contractor
– Before hiring a contractor, watch our video on YouTube. It’s only a few minutes long and may help you avoid challenges with your new home or renovation.
– Be diligent and get references and competitive quotes from VRBA’s qualified contractors using our Expression of Interest Form. VRBA members are the leaders in sustainable West Coast design and construction.
– Find out about green building and the Built Green Canada program.
– Considering a renovation? Before you start, read this brochure on asbestos in homes. This is important information to protect your family and any workers. Our advice is to hire a professional contractor.
– Get a general idea of costs per sq ft at bdconsultants.com.
– Rebates for Energy Efficiency Upgrades – Check out the list of grants here.