Join The Victoria Residential Builders Association
The Victoria Residential Builders Association is an inclusive, independent, non-profit incorporated in 1940 – one of the most respected and progressive industry associations in Canada. We are the professional voice for builders, renovators, designers, trades and suppliers with members from Vancouver Island, Vancouver, and BC’s interior.
We are at the forefront of advocating industry issues including mandatory education and training for builders and a uniform building code – both recently introduced by the BC government. We continue to advocate for a renovation tax credit to help address costs of asbestos mitigation, as well as other concerns important to housing affordability and professionalism.
Why Become a VRBA Member?
VRBA is the industry’s leading advocate for housing affordability and professionalism. Here are just some of the many benefits offered.
NEW HOME AND RENOVATION PROJECTS
The Victoria Residential Builders Association receives expression of interest forms from the public and distributes them to our builders.
CONTINUED TRAINING & EDUCATION
We partner with the Vancouver Island Construction Association to deliver education and training to licensed builders. Also VRBA member Murray Frank, Building It Right delivers courses in Victoria and Nanaimo. Visit www.buildingitright.com
Leading social media presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and attracting thousands of followers plus a weekly column on industry issues in the Times Colonist newspaper
BUILT GREEN CERTIFIED
We work closely with Built Green Canada to achieve more sustainable construction, including energy efficiency and water conservation. Many of our builders are Built Green certified. For more info on Built Green, visit www.builtgreencanada.ca
VRBA is the industry’s leading advocate for housing affordability and professionalism. Canadian Contractor Magazine interviewed Casey Edge, Executive Director and this is what he had to say about housing affordability, BC Energy Step Code, zoning and other topics. Read the article here.
VRBA membership costs
A membership with the VRBA is $1,200 annually plus a one-time processing fee of $150. We also have a monthly payment plan option that spreads your fee payments over the year. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250.383.5044 for more information.
Membership Fee Schedule
Application processing fee (paid when application is approved) $150
Annual Membership fees $1,200
Annual Fee Schedule*
|Membership Beginning||Pro-Rated Fees||Total Fees with GST||Membership Valid Until|
|July 2021||$1,200.00*||$1,260.00||June 30, 2022|
|August 2021||$1,100.00*||$1,155.00||June 30, 2022|
|September 2021||$1,000.00*||$1,050.00||June 30, 2022|
|October 2021||$900.00*||$945.00||June 30, 2022|
|November 2021||$800.00*||$840.00||June 30, 2022|
|December 2021||$700.00*||$735.00||June 30, 2022|
|January 2022||$600.00*||$630.00||June 30, 2022|
|February 2022||$500.00*||$525.00||June 30, 2022|
|March 2022||$400.00*||$420.00||June 30, 2022|
|April 2022**||$1,500.00**||$1,575.00||June 30, 2023|
|May 2022**||$1,400.00**||$1,470.00||June 30, 2023|
|June 2022**||$1,300.00**||$1,365.00||June 30, 2023|
*Does not include application processing fee
**Totals include Pro-Rated Current & Full Next Year Membership Fees
We offer real value to our members including new home and renovation projects for our builders, free construction contracts, and free education seminars that qualify for Continuing Professional Development credits. We partner with the Vancouver Island Construction Association and Murray Frank’s Building It Right to deliver education and training to licensed builders.
Builders and renovators represent 60% of our membership – double the industry association average. Why so high? Our Builders Council leads the most effective advocacy program in Canada. We always pursue a win/win but the bottom-line is we represent our members to government, not government to our members. Practice diligence before joining an industry organization to ensure your issues are being represented appropriately. We have saved contractors tens of thousands of dollars by challenging unnecessary regulations, taxes, and inefficient processes at the national, provincial and local levels. Our members expect results and we deliver.
We believe education should be accessible, practical and valued. Our annual education seminar covers building envelope and energy efficient construction techniques as well as BC regulatory changes. This seminar is available free for one representative per VRBA member company. Additional attendees will be charged an affordable fee. Members have paid their membership fees and should receive reasonable and affordable benefit.
VRBA membership benefits include:
• Annual CARE Awards – the industry’s leading awards and marketing program showcasing Canada’s leaders in sustainable West Coast design and construction.
•We work with BCCA Employee Benefit Trust to provide an affordable, quality benefits program for our members.
• New home and renovation projects delivered to our members through our online Expression of Interest form.
• “Member VRBA” logos.
• An online Suppliers’ Expression of Interest Form enabling contractors to submit projects to suppliers and receive quotes for products and services.
• A modern code of ethics. Learn more about our mission on our about page.
• Networking and educational presentations at VRBA Lunch Meetings.
• Effective, efficient and affordable representation on national, provincial and local housing policies including National Building Code and BC Building Code. We are Canada’s leaders in housing policy research and advocacy on behalf of consumers and builders.
• Free construction contracts: cost plus, fixed price, change order.
• Leading social media presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook attracting thousands of followers plus a weekly column on industry issues in the Times Colonist newspaper.
• Giving back to the community through BC Children’s Hospital Festival of Trees, Canadian Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, Goldstream Chums, T-C Christmas Fund, CFAX Santa’s Anonymous.
• We partner with the Vancouver Island Construction Association and Murray Frank’s Building It Right to deliver education and training to licensed builders.
• Education presentations and seminars on energy-efficient construction and other important industry subjects. We are a recognized education provider by the BC Housing’s Licensing and Consumer Services Branch delivering programs accredited for Continuing Professional Development points for BC’s licensed builders.
• Many of our contractors are Built Green Certified. We work closely with Built Green Canada to achieve more sustainable construction, including energy efficiency and water conservation
Our members are Canada’s leaders in sustainable West Coast design and construction. The evidence is displayed annually at our CARE Awards highlighting the outstanding skill of our builders, designers and trades. It is also a members-only awards program to protect consumers and industry professionalism.